Thursday, June 4, 2015

Thursday: Unexpected new things.

I wasn't sure what to get for lunch today, and had been contemplating going to the manapua place, as even though it's not very good, it'd be something different.  On the way, though, I remembered (when I saw they were open), that the new bakery place opened up.  They have a lot of pastries and sweets and things, but it was lunch time, so I wanted something lunch-y.

Pizza pan.
Not pan like in "cooking pan," but pan as in bread, which is Japanese based on Portuguese, because that's who introduced bread to Japan.  Also because the new bakery place is Japanese style.  Anyway, it's a tiny little pizza that would be a good snack, but isn't quite a full meal.

Pastrami epi.
"Our epis just came out of the oven.  We have bacon and pastrami."  So, sorry bacon, pastrami wins.  With swiss cheese and their own "house sauce" inside.  I don't know what it is.  Delicious?  This was good.  I was only going to eat half of it after having that pizza, but then I thought about it, and ate the second half too.  They don't seem to have a schedule for the epis, but if they're all like this, "random epi" may become a new standard lunch item.

And then I noticed that Minecraft for my tablet updated, so I checked it out to see what's new.  Boats, which means I actually have a reason to have the coast outpost, and red stone blocks, which means I don't have to have a full chest devoted to that useless material (until they finally fix red stone in the pocket edition).

I had just finished making those red stone blocks when I went up to the roof to see where the spider sounds were coming from.  Somehow a spider and and enderman had spawned inside my large animal pen.  I suspect that means I need to add more lights to prevent monster spawns inside my main fort.


No comments:

Post a Comment