Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday: I will one day run out of Marnie stuff to post.

That day is not today.  Or tomorrow if I remember my saved RSS queue.


  • Close enough.
  • I was very concerned when I heard about this, because the ramen place is at Date and Kapahulu.  However, you can see the "fuck you" wall that Popeye's built between them and the Jack in the Box, so this is far enough away that the ramen place should be fine.
  • Judge Thomas C. Wheeler of the United States Court of Federal Claims is a fucking moron.  Direct quotes from the same fucking moron of a judge: "if the government had done nothing, the shareholders would have been left with 100 percent of nothing." AND: "No matter how rationally A.I.G.’s board addressed its alternatives that night, and notwithstanding that A.I.G. had a team of outstanding professional advisers, the fact remains that A.I.G. was at the government’s mercy."  No shit, fuckface.  They fucked their company, which was at that point insolvent.  It was worth less than zero dollars.  The government negotiated from the standpoint of "I'm going to come and fix this shit party you started."
  • The fact that this is magically "fine" indicates that Grover Norquist and his entire band of jackasses don't actually have any real ideals.  Except "fuck you, do what I say," I guess.
  • Squirrel!
  • And yeah.  This has been a thing for like ever.  Like more than twenty years kind of ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment