Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sunday: My big sandwich is too big.

It's so big I had to mosaic this image together.
Way back last Monday, I had the idea to make a big sandwich for the super bowl.  So I went out yesterday to get all the ingredients necessary for one.  It turned out to be too much.  It's also a little bit uneven, due to some of the flavors not playing well together.  What's in it?

Everything.
Starting from the bottom:
  1. French onion dip.
  2. WF white/dark meat turkey.
  3. Cheddar.
  4. WF roast beef.
  5. Provolone.
  6. Honey maple ham.
  7. Swiss.
  8. Prosciutto.
  9. Tomatos.
  10. Arugula.
  11. Dijon.
Here's where things don't work so well:  the turkey is overly sagey.  I like sage, but this overpowers everything from the bottom half.  The other problem: the arugula overpowers the top half.  So it's not quite as good as I'd hoped it would be.

Also: it's really really big.

This is the point where I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to be able to finish my slice.



No comments:

Post a Comment