Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thursday: Can you get fish sweats?

Like meat sweats, but from fish?  In any case, I ate a lot of fish and fish-like-products, and that precipitated a lot of sweat.

Also it was hot there, so maybe it's just that.

I had hoped to get Fogo de Chao while I was in Baltimore.  That didn't happen.

I had also hoped to get Pizzaria Uno while I was here.  Also didn't happen.

I did not expect to hear that story from a well-respected UK scientist.  I'm going to share:  a long time ago, in a country far, far away, where none of the following was illegal or odd, some of his friends found a large patch of "special" mushrooms.  They harvested them, and quickly realized that they could not possibly consume them all in a reasonable time.  They had a serious problem.

A problem they solved by creating a mushroom jam, or relish, or whatever you call preserved mushrooms in a jar that you can spread onto toast.

I have pictures (of fish, mostly), but I have to be on a plane in nine hours, so sometime over the weekend I'll post-date a bunch of posts to fit in with the pictures when they should have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment