Saturday, June 7, 2014

Saturday: That's a good way to do things

I was in the area, so I decided to go get Nico's for lunch.  However, while walking past Uncle's (which is right next door), I saw "lobster bisque" on their special menu chalkboard outside.  That was when I decided to go to Uncle's instead.

Uncle's.
It's a far more "proper" restaurant than Nico's.  Cloth napkins, table service, suggested wine pairings, etc.

The bisque.
 It wasn't bad, but it didn't really fit my ideal.  Good spices, but a bit light on the lobster flavor.  Almost no hints of sherry.  Where was the sherry?

Uncle's...something.  Variety pack.  Let's call it that.  This might have been a limited time menu option.
 Grilled onaga, scallops, and shrimp, in a mushroom-dill sauce.  With rice because the options were rice, other rice, fries.  A good garlic mashed potato would have worked wonderfully here.  This is also the answer to the question "where was the sherry?"  This sauce.  I could have eaten a bowl of this sauce.  Admittedly, that bowl would be like 50-50 sherry and butter, but I'm willing to take that risk.  Very tasty.  The shrimp were maybe marginally overcooked, but everything else was just wonderful.

This was good, but it was also close to four times what I usually pay at Nico's.  This means it's not likely to become a go-to Saturday lunch spot.  Good food, though.

Because I was near the boats, and they were moving things.

No comments:

Post a Comment