Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hey Orbitz!

Why did I get an email from you again today? I unsubscribed from your bullshit emails yesterday, after becoming furious that I received one on the 7th and one on the 8th. Do you seriously think I need to be reminded of your fucking existence every damn day? Do you think people really sit at home, constantly refreshing their email to get the latest travel updates?

Rest assured, your constant hounding of me via email has ensured that I will never book anything through your site again. It's not worth my time to have to deal with daily spam about how you've "Removed Booking Fees!" or "OMG FREE GIFT KARD WHEN YOU STAY WITH RENAAIISSSANCE HOTELSS !!!11!!! LOL!" Who the fuck cares about this shit? Do you have anybody in charge of determining if this shit is important before you send it out, or do you simply have a legion of barely competent morons, any of which are allowed to mail all of your customers.

I also find it interesting that my email preferences note that "This e-mail address displays text and images." Except it doesn't, and hasn't for the eleven years I've had it. This suggests strongly that like many other companies, some dickhead in your marketing department thought it'd be a great idea to enable emails for everyone, even those who had opted out before.

I hope you can stop sending me emails, delete my account, shut down as a company, and starve to death in the gutters.

No comments:

Post a Comment