Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dark food plans

I'm thinking this weekend will be host to a variety of culinary adventures. I'm thinking of making a copy of the "My Bar, My Rules" Sandwich from the Union Street Public House outside Washington DC. I had it when I was there for AAS, and remember it being very good. It was on an English Muffin back then, so that's going to by my strategy. The plan is to buy a nice steak, sear the edges, slice in half, and then sear the surfaces, using the two halfs to make two mouth sized "burgers." Top it with some nice sharp English cheddar, and some grilled onions (maybe some mushrooms, too?), and I'm pretty sure that'll be the tastiest burger ever.

Then there's Easter on Sunday. I'm going to cooking for myself, so I'm thinking about just doing a pair of shanks instead of roasting up an entire leg of lamb. It'll probably be some modification on my braised shank recipe (shanks, bottle of sweet white wine, a few leeks, garlic, sage, etc. Sear, bubble bubble, remove reduce and sauce). Add some garlic mash potatoes and a few other sides, and that should work out pretty well. I'll sort out the details when I get to the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment