Friday, April 10, 2009

The best "burger" ever

I think this may have been one of the greatest ideas I've ever had. Ok, so it's not my idea, I stole it from the Union Street Public House, as I mentioned on Wednesday. From bottom to top, each "burger" is made of:

  • Toasted English Muffin
  • Moutarde Violette, the purple wine mustard from Zingerman's
  • Sliced Canadian Black Diamond Cheddar (the sharpest cheddar sold in town, according to my cheese guy)
  • Quarter pound filet mignon, seared with sea salt and cracked pepper
  • Prosciutto di parma, thicker sliced than usual as it's the free first calibration slices from a new ham (Cheese Guy is also Deli Guy, and is always helpful)
  • Sauteed mushrooms
  • Sauteed and half carmelized onion strings

I also made some homemade fried chips, but they paled in comparison to the burgers (although, they really aren't that bad. Had I made just about anything else, they probably would have been a good hit). Two of these burgers were really too much for diner, as I'm totally full after just eating them. It was also clearly not cheap, but I figured if I'm going to make something good for Good Friday dinner, I might as well go all out (even if this completely violates every religious food prohibition ever invented).

No comments:

Post a Comment