Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Tuesday: "it’s not a special forces attack paras."

Second day of the conference, but the first with real sessions.  Plenaries, a session about the educational outreach (which I should probably sent suggestions and code pointers for), one on how we're going to handle calibration products (sanely), and one about calibration (which had no chairs).

Then there was the "banquet", which I ditched out of early because it was hot, loud, and full of people.

I saw a lizard as I was leaving.
I then took a quick nap, and then looked into how hard it would be to code up some simple cuts and cleaning for PS1DR2 data.
Turns out, pretty easy.
I didn't implement a background source removal, but that's not super-too-hard to do (generate likely contamination probabilities by comparing source counts per sky area per plot area, and then selectively show sources depending on that probability).  Also, white dwarfs are more orders of magnitude fainter than I remembered.



No comments:

Post a Comment