Monday, August 5, 2019

Monday: I think this technically means I've beaten the game.

Although I think I have to go for 100% completion.  I kind of wish it had a NewGame+, so I could carry over some stuff (like, even just my greenhouse would be nice) and start kind of fresh, but I think I'll just stick with my main game.

Besides, I'd kind of feel weird about marrying someone else now.  On that topic:
I finally got married in SV, beating the end of year two by one week.

I think someone should have told my new wife, however.

"Yeah, sure!" And then I ran off to reorganize the greenhouse and plan out the farm for the next year.  Then: fishing and clearing the quarry.

Oh.  OH.  OOOHHHHHH!  😲
 I wasn't expecting that.  Another thing I wasn't expecting:
WHAT?

WHAT!?!?!  I'm married, Abigail!  I have a purple star when I talk to my wife, which I'm pretty sure means that she's still in to me.
Let's check in on the other main married family in town.
Um

wow.  I somehow don't think Demetrius has the purple star going for him.

JFC, Demetrius!  Does anyone in your family not hate you?

Good to see you're taking things seriously.  Are you even in charge of the trees and rocks in public?  I assume the mayor would make the rules about that.

Then, on the first day of the new year, after giving me that blushing wink face above, Leah ambushed me as I was leaving our house.
The Art Show!
The Art Show!
The Art Show!

I knew she had an art show event that triggers after you reach an N-heart relationship.  I guess the show can only happen when it isn't winter, so if you turn on all the dating things to rush your relationship before the end of year two, you get things out of order, and the Art Show happens after you get married.  Which leads to the weird ambush.  And this letter:
"Leah!" I shouted from outside.  "I was right there!  You couldn't have told me this while we were having breakfast?"
Nope.  Because the game assumes we didn't just have breakfast.  In any case, I then went on my way to do some fishing at the river.
Where I was again ambushed by my wife into a surprise picnic.
Where her ex showed up, telling her she should leave town and go back to the city.  Excuse me, Jerkface, but we're married now, and I'm committed to keeping that purple star.  I punched Jerkface out, and then Leah said we should flee the scene of the crime, but that we should find someplace "more private".
You know we're married, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment