Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Wednesday: Moving day.

They came, and two and some hours later, they left with a large fraction of my stuff.  I think they left dishes in the dishwasher, so I'm going to have to transport those in my luggage.  Hopefully the comforter that is going in one bag will keep them safe.

After that, and a bit of panicking, I went to get lunch.
I wanted something that would be filling, but not overwhelming.  So pho.
Which meant going back to Aina Haina again.  So.

I finally caught this jerk.  Stupid Alola forms showing up all over the place and not in stupid actual Alola.

Followed by shave ice.  With pineapple, because Hawaiian pineapple is best.
Then I stopped at Long's to get water and a memory stick, because I wanted to see if I could get my old laptop to run a wifi router.  Then because my apartment is mostly empty and going back would involve cleaning, I went to see Deadpool.

It's ok, and covers what I wanted: Deadpool tells jokes, bad guys get got, I don't have to think, and I don't have to clean.  It's probably the best way to end a stressful day.

Except no, because then I came back home and fought the old laptop for an insane period of time.  It turns out that the wifi card in it doesn't support being an access point.  Which is dumb, and I hate it.  I was able to get my regular living room computer to work as an access point, and now I have a clean install of Ubuntu on the old computer, so I guess that's good?  The important thing is that I can watch youtube from bed, and without a TV, that's a pretty good thing to have.

I also made a last minute decision that kadatheron, my oldest computer, was not making the trip back to the mainland.  Joining it will be all my old broken laptops.  They don't work, they won't ever work, it's not worth keeping them.  A sad day.

I don't have any links, because I didn't have any internet except phone internet until just now, and phone internet is there so the internet is always with you, whispering secrets and truths you need to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment