Saturday, March 30, 2013

Saturday: I hate this commercial

I've noticed before that a lot of national companies have Hawaii specific versions of their commercials.  This seemed odd when I first moved here, but now I've discovered that this is a far better strategy than the opposite.  As an example, this stupid commercial has been playing constantly on every channel I watch.  It's for "Hawaii Jobs on Demand" that is part of some larger national job search company.


The important thing from this first shot is the tree in the background.  There are no leaves on that tree.  This doesn't happen in Hawaii.

"LOOK AT THIS BRILLIANT ANALOGY FOR OUTDATED TECHNOLOGY! WE ARE WITTY!"
Plus, she's wearing gloves and is bundled up for the apparent fall weather.  That also doesn't happen in Hawaii.  I'm also pretty sure that lawns that big aren't very common in Hawaii either.


  • This rant from North Korea is funnier if you read each mention of "puppets" as "muppets."  "the puppet warmongers", "puppet army's bases", etc.
  • It's a good thing that Republicans believe in small government and things like that.
  • The new pope.  I had to make this after reading that story.
  • This is funny when you know two important facts.  1) Deadpool is an (hilariously) annoying jerk all the time.  2) He has regeneration abilities like Wolverine, so he's basically immortal.

No comments:

Post a Comment