Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Tuesday: Quarantine Day 4

I'm kind of getting the hang of this now.  It helps that today was day one of our conference, so most of the day was sitting on my couch, watching science on tv.  I've never really used my tv/computer setup for much, but it is perfect for video chat/remote conferences.  I suspect my camera and microphone are bad (because they are), but for things like this, it's far better than staring at a laptop (although of course, I was doing that as well).

Part of the time this one.
Which I named Cleffa for obvious reasons.  It replaces Popplio, which developed a broken left hinge, making it like laptop 4 that I've broken in that specific location.  Cleffa is slightly more powerful than Popplio, and pink instead of purple.

Got more of the puzzle done while making dinner.
Which was Emergency Quarantine Curry Rice.
It's equivalent to regular Curry Rice, except that it's made with 1/2 pound less stew meat than I wanted, two russet potatoes instead of the 4-5 yukon gold, and shallots instead of onions, because that's what got delivered in my order because almost everything was sold out.  I assume that will calm down by this weekend, right?

In any case, I have to go pick up prescriptions on Friday, so I figured that I'd do some manual shopping then.  Of course, it's also supposed to be a high of 78, in March, so yet again, everything just keeps getting worse, and nothing is good, and other unhappy thoughts.


The NPC lady just sat down next to this corpse, because the game doesn't clear bodies.
 So, that's weird.
And then I visited Zeus.
The game is set in Ptolemaic Egypt, so it makes sense to have Greek gods.

  • I should probably read this, so I would understand PSF shapes due to atmospheric turbulence better.
  • Penguins.
  • Yeah.  I think the premise is somewhat flawed.  This was also the height of the Renaissance, which is likely the true cause of both effects.
  • A trillion dollars.  Amazing how as soon as the Democrats aren't in power, Keynesian economics becomes popular, huh?  "Well aware of this history," fuck you, that's because they're the reason people had that impression!

No comments:

Post a Comment