Friday, November 15, 2019

Friday: Spending a day reworking my work environment.

Because everyone yesterday was bragging about their fancy editors, with all kinds of built in junk.  So I looked into things, and updated how I do things too.

  1. First up: the work cluster only has emacs 23.  This is old.  Building from scratch didn't work, because there are library incompatibilities.  However, you can install it from conda.  Which seems like overkill, but whatever.
  2. This gave me ElDoc mode automatically, which gives argument list help.
  3. And then anaconda-mode, which gives completion, help, and reference/definition jumping.
  4. Also a cool auto insert/remove debugger statement shortcut.
  5. Which led to me adding snippets, particularly one like this, so I could get automatic docstring support on new functions.
  6. And I switched from screen to tmux for things, because tmux cooperates better with the work environment, and gives me easy terminal naming.
    1. But donks up the shift-pgup scrolling.
We'll see how nice this all plays together next week.  It also makes me want to update all my computers so I can use the same neat tricks everywhere.

Then video games.  Mostly the usual stuff.
Standing on statues.

Standing next to statues.
Then, I'm minding my own business stealing stuff, when some jerk face hires an assassin to back-assassinate me.  Me!  So I killed the other assassin, then:
"Oh, look at me, I'm on a different island, I'm SOOOO safe."
 Fuck you, jerk.  Like that's going to stop me.
I can swim underwater.

I can swim on top of the water.

I can run on land.

And I can jump into the middle of your camp and stab you in your stupid "out to get me" face.

And then I'm right back to standing on statues.
It's a theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment