Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday: chicken tacos




I thought that making salsa and guacamole would be an easy thing. I was totally mistaken. My avocado was way too hard to mush, so it basically just ended up splitting up into tiny cubes. I added a jalepeno as well, but the guacamole still has basically no flavor. :-/ It has a bit of a creamy texture, but I was hoping for it to be much better. The salsa isn't bad, but it's needs a bit more salt. I kind of feel like it might need a bit more as well.

The tacos are fine, mostly because it's easy to make taco guts. Maybe after letting the flavors blend a bit better will enhance the salsa and guacamole. I did put a bit of a quick chipotle sauce (chipotle/adobo + tomato paste + garlic and some water to make it a sauce and not a paste) on the tacos, and that helped them too.

Tomorrow will be try two on these, and I won't have to spend so much time making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment