Friday, June 24, 2011

friday: leftover chili

I kind of deviated from the original menu, largely due to the fact that yesterday I woke up with a bad cough again, and progressively got worse as the day went on. Although I was able to get some stuff done at work, I left early, making a side trip by Long's to pick up an assortment of sickness fighting tools (soup, juice, cough syrup, chocolate).

So instead of making something yesterday, I just had a bowl of soup, and then went to bed. I'll try the sausages next week.

I did have the chili out defrosting, so after spending today sleeping and coughing and sleeping some more, I made that for dinner. I didn't really have any interest in making cornbread to go with it, so I just finished off the tortillas from Taco Monday and Taco Tuesday.

I'm going to try to get to the farmer's market tomorrow morning, since I expect I'll feel better then. Large quantities of juice and sleep does seem to have been an effective treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment