Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Counter

I figured it was probably the better idea to eat lunch before going shopping for groceries, so I tried out The Counter which is conveniently located next to Whole Foods.  It's a build-a-burger kind of place, so I looked over the options and built this:


Third pound beef burger with gruyere, grilled onions, "organic mixed greens," scallions, bacon, with a side of a sun-dried tomato sauce. I wasn't terribly impressed with the end result.  The burger was cooked to medium, and had a nice bright pink color inside.  However, it was remarkably dry, with basically no juice at all.  The grilled onions overpowered everything, and I ended up removing most of them. The cheese and thin sliced bacon was pretty much lost in the mix. I probably won't come back for the burger anytime soon.


They do have good sides.  The "fifty-fifty" allows you to split between fries and onion strings.  I went with the added parmesan fry modification, which was a good choice.  The onion strings were nicely done, and I may come back just to get an order of them in the future.  Splitting them with some regular cheddar cheese fries would be a good late night snack.

Well, that is, if the place didn't close at 10pm on the weekend. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment