Sunday, February 14, 2010

Meh, Valentine's day


It'd be nice if my BBcam would eventually take an in focus picture.

Anyway, since Valentine's Day was invented so people in relationships can make people not in relationships feel bad (among other theories), I decided to give a nice present to my tummy. It doesn't hurt that Whole Foods had lots of tasty things on sale (so watch for part two tomorrow).

Beef ribeye on a bed of panfried Pommes Pont-Neuf with mushrooms in brandy sauce, served with Asparagus and goat brie. I also had a very dry apple cider, which wasn't bad, but I tend to prefer ciders that are a bit sweeter.  The steak was wonderful, as were the fries.  I probably could have added more brandy to the sauce, and let it reduce more, but the shrooms were very good.  I'll have to cook the asparagus more tomorrow, as they came out a bit underdone.  The goat brie...well, that wasn't what I was expecting. It didn't pair well with the steak, as the flavors fought.  I don't know what I'll do with the rest of it, as I can't come up with much of anything it'd match.  Maybe some sort of a pasta dish with some other cheese to mellow it out.

1 comment: