Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Wednesday: I hate pair programming, but it's super useful, and it's a good way to spread knowledge and get things done.

Which is why I was happy it came back.  It's also good because there's someone else there to make you write proper unit tests instead of just asserting that things work correctly.

I'm still trying to cram in as much Assassin's Creed as I can before the holidays.  Which, given that I just completed the first half of the game yesterday, and then discovered that the extra DLC I got in my bundle contains like another at-least half of the game again, means I'm probably going to fuck around a bunch instead of advancing the story.  Today's problem was that I accidentally stumbled across a quadruple homicide that I accidentally committed by walking too close to people who got angry and then stabbed.  This game has characters who are both a) way too touchy about that kind of thing; and b) just don't give up when they can.  I guess that is in the title of the game.

Then I did one of the DLC quest lines, which involved saving a village.  After we all rode our horses out, the computer people walked back.

I met Thyia.

We discussed the finer points of mythology.

After saving the village, she was concerned about my finances, and the risks I took to help keep them safe.
I suggested that we take care not to create extra messes that would need to be cleaned up.

Followed by a short discussion of adequate nutrition.

So yeah.  Turns out there is a lot of romance in the DLC that I didn't know about.
Then I decided to fight a fire giant.
"I'm sure that boat will work."
 Spoiler: it did not.
So I swam.

To the lair of the Fire Dude.
Who promptly murdered me four times, because I am very very flammable.



No comments:

Post a Comment