Monday, October 21, 2019

Monday: Productive days.

I figured out most of the problems I ran into last week, so that's good.  I might end up having to do more telecons, but I guess that's just how things work.

My switch ran out of power, so I had to play other games yesterday.

  • WTF.
  • I wonder why.  It's not like people have less stable jobs, and get paid far less than they need to cover student loans and everyday living, right?
  • Oh, that's cool.  I've seen a lot of articles about "new multiplication method", some of which mention that the new one is n log n.  None of them had any reasonable details, but I finally tracked this one down, which presents the previous best algorithm.  The trick is to treat each digit of the numbers as elements of a sequence, and then convolve the two sequences in Fourier space.  Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment