Friday, February 15, 2019

Friday: A good day.

I got a talk proposal submitted (thanks, Julie!), I was able to confirm that the stuff I spent the week writing works well, I found a pile of hidden bugs in the code that's supposed to test, and I finally decoded the "how to get medicine you really need" puzzle, and so will have medicine delivered tomorrow.  A three month supply, all for the high price of $5.  In Hawaii, this was running $200/month.  I think that right there basically covers the pay change, and that skips the fact that I pay less for my insurance (probably why it was so hard to sort things out), and that I pay less for groceries and things.

So that's all good.

This is less good.  It suggests the new code isn't calculating things the same way, and is therefore getting errors on ~1%, which over ~25\AA, works out to 250m\AA.  That's a huge error, and reasonably consistent with the matched data I was looking at earlier this week.  Guess I know what's on the list of things to sort out this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment