Sunday, December 2, 2018

Sunday: And that's how I discovered I have strep throat.

So I guess most CVS now have walk in clinics now?  That's super helpful, because after spending all of last night barely sleeping due to my throat and ears being messed up, I was able to get up and go there to have the friendly neighborhood nurse practitioner tell me that it's probably strep because I passed that test.  It might also be mono, even though I already had that, but I guess it can recur?  She also looked in my throat like five times because it was super swollen shut in a "if this doesn't unswell, you have to go to the emergency room, like, yesterday" kind of way.

That's super fun.

But I got steroids and antibiotics, and I've been taking them as directed today, and it now no longer feels like my entire head is exploding every time I swallow.  That helps the "eating" and "drinking" segments of being alive, which is cool.  The downside is that I can't go to work tomorrow, because I'm still infectious for the first day after I start the drugs.  So Tuesday, I guess.

And I spent a good part of the afternoon doing things like this by falling asleep with my hand on my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment