Saturday, April 7, 2018

Saturday: I have fewer than 100 items in my youtube watch later list.

And I really wanted pho today.  More specifically, I wanted the garlic noodles from Mint Leaf in Alameda, but that would be tricky.  So, next best option.
Spring rolls!
Which I discovered I have a hard time eating with chopsticks, because they don't squish any.  The place I went has their own "volcano sauce" hot sauce that is excellent.  It's hot, but not excessively so.  That means when you add it to your pho, it just slowly builds and builds as you eat.
The pho was good too.  I went with the brisket/steak/flank combo.
 I will have to go back, and I'm thinking about buying a jar of their sauce and mailing it ahead of me.
And afterwards, when my mouth was on fire, I got shave ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment