Thursday, May 21, 2009

My last night here with you

Maybe yes, maybe no.

Despite movers arriving in four hours, I can't get to sleep. I'm no where near packed as much as I wanted to be. My apartment is a mess of boxes and unpacked crap. Hopefully the movers will be ok with this fact.

It seems weird thinking that this is the last time I'll be in this apartment. I moved in eight years ago, and I've gotten used to it, even if I've spent too much of that time hiding things in dark corners. I'm going to miss East Lansing. I've lived here 12 years, longer than anywhere else before. I think it'll be where I retire, if I have the option.

Time to try this sleeping thing again. Wake up in two hours, get clean, pack some, watch the movers do their thing, cancel accounts, return keys, drive six hours to my parents' house. I hereby curse the 22nd of May as the Worst Day to Ever Occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment