Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Countdown

I've finally nailed down the movers, so I now have a very good idea about when I'm moving: pack up on the 22nd of May, and arrive in Honolulu on the 24th, start work on the 25th.

Except I can't, because the 25th is Memorial Day. Stupid inconvenient holidays not being when I want them.

In addition to that, I'm now super likely to be visiting Honolulu for a PANSTARRS meeting on the 18th. Which means I fly out, meet, fly back, pack a bit, move, fly back to Hawaii. Certainly not the most efficient thing I could do, but better than a lot of the alternatives. This extra visit should give me a chance to look at a few apartments, and hopefully sort out where I'll be living for the next few years.

One interesting thing I discovered is that the movers really want to pack everything, as it's going to go on a boat. They seem to think that their packing is better for that. Whatever, I don't think you can mess up boxing up books. In any case, this frees up some of my time, as I don't need to bother doing all the packing. I'm going to get some cleaning and sorting done, but that shouldn't take too long.

This leaves just one thing I need to decide: which restaurants are good enough and important enough for me to put them on my farewell tour to East Lansing. Zingerman's is already there, because it's delicious. Peanut Barrel wins on the same points. I'm not sure what else to put on, since I've been going to Omi and Pizza House fairly regularly recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment