Saturday, December 12, 2009

Google Chrome

Is kind of halfway between "fucking awesome" and "total fucking shit." I like the fact that it doesn't crash on google-related pages like firefox has taken up as a hobby.  That should kind of be a given. If I'm company X, and I make a product that bursts into flames whenever someone mentions my company, I should probably burn down the factory and kill myself.

The problem is, it kind of ignores everything that's gone before. A specific example is that when I'm typing an address, I want tab to complete that address based on whatever dark necromancy it uses to generate the options.  I'm typing. Theoretically, the mouse is way over there ----->. I don't want to type three characters and then hunt that rodent down to click on the top options. A-S-T- and I should be done. I'm not. Fix that.

Also, clicking on my bookmarks thing makes it look like GC is mugging Firefox to render the menu. You can't be more original?

Another complaint: I tried to move a window, and I clicked poorly, and ended up copying that tab. I'm not sure I lost any tabs, but it was weird and disconcerting.

So:

pros: doesn't go down like a two-dollar hooker
cons: makes you want to shout at it like it's a guy from Germany who clearly doesn't understand what you're saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment