Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Man from Planet X

I love having TCM. They actually show movies properly, and show a wide variety of things. Today I saw "The Man from Planet X." It is exactly as bad of a 1950s sci-fi movie as you'd expect.

My main complaint about it (ignoring factual inaccuracies and crap dialogue. Those are what I expect) is that they "kill" TMfPX twice. The first one is so wonderfully brutal that I can't imagine why they felt they needed to blow him and his ship up (that's lame death number two).

The good death has TMfPX fighting hand to hand with The American Cool Guy Leading Around the Polite but Inept Scotch Village. They struggle for a bit, with TACGLAtPbISV knocking the mind control ray gun out of TMfPX's hand early on. TACGLAtPbISV gets the upper hand, and turns the handle on TMfPX's "space-air" supply. This turns off the space air, and TACGLAtPbISV holds TMfPX down while he suffocates.

Brutal.

That's the best "don't invade our planet" ad ever. "Go ahead. Fucking invade us. We will find your first invaders, and sit on their chest and watch them suffocate. I dare you."

No comments:

Post a Comment