Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pork loin

So other than the fact that they totally cheated when they sold me this (it's two loins, stuck together to look like a single one, which is why I had to tie it together), it came out pretty well.

I rubbed it down with salt/pepper/sage/thyme/cumin, and then seared it with my cast iron pan. Once it was seared, I put it into the oven for an hour to roast. The end result has a bit too much cumin flavor, but was moist and tender and all that good stuff.



I decided to pair it with some cider stewed apples (choppy choppy, fry in a bit of butter, then add miscellaneous spices and about a quarter cup each of cider and woodchuck. Cover and let sit until you're ready for them.) and cheddar mashed potatoes (which I could have cheddared up about 40% without much trouble).



Nom nom!

No comments:

Post a Comment