- HDMI display works to my television. Unfortunately, the TV refuses to believe there is a computer attached, and so refuses to allow access to the overscan disabling functions. What this means is that there's a fairly large border that the computer thinks is visible, but isn't.
- Surprisingly enough, HDMI sound worked with mplayer with only minimal tweaking. This is a good sign.
- Wireless now works fine, allowing this computer to function as my wireless router. I've enabled WPA, since I don't feel like doing MAC address filtering and running kittenwar net. I am having some throughput issues, where the network stalls every ten seconds or so. I suspect interference from neighbors, but that's a bit tricky to diagnose.
- mythtv sees the database, and looks like it should be functional with an evening of tweaking, once I get that overscan issue fixed.
- The IR remote I got apparently works randomly with mplayer. I suspect it's a config issue. I'm hoping that I can simply use the receiver, and train my universal remote to send the key codes.
- My external USB drives live too high on the shelf to plug into the new computer. I can probably solve this by just buying a few 2m cables.
- I don't have a video capture card yet, so it won't be a DVR quite yet, but that's the next project, once I get the rest of the system up and running.